Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sleep Apnea Accomodations In School What Do You Know About Sleep Apnea Surgeries?

What do you know about sleep apnea surgeries? - sleep apnea accomodations in school

I hate the mask () as many people. I suffer from obstructive sleep apnea. I'm considering surgical options, but I was told that the only thing that can work for me is the advancement of the mandible (with a broken jaw and move). Has anyone seen this before? What were your experiences? Did it work? Do you have an operation that can help? Oral appliances?

3 comments:

Cindy B said...

I had a mandibular advancement closed for the day, his mouth still wired for 6 weeks. (Many surgeons opt for a plate and screw cap with tight elastic movement makes the mouth more power options and a little more!)

I was one years of orthodontics before I did, however, was not a quick fix by any means.

The operation itself sounds worse than it really was. The pain I had was a headache in my jaw area. Pain management is not a problem. I miss eating what I wanted, and weight loss. (What I do not for that) be so now I miss the most, of yawns, though!

It is not completely fix my sleep apnea. I have been snoring. It was well worth the trouble for me.

My 5 years palate and adenoids were removed for the same reason (apnea) with good results. I already had the surgery, and was much more painful than the mandibular advancement.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you!

the wind said...

Treat your dentist on a faucet

Couple of Cents said...

I am not aware that only one had, but my husband did the nose. He said that if I ever, I would. It is assumed that it was worth.

I have a breathing mask on the road for me. I hope you like it better than many people I know that hate is too ...

Good luck.

Post a Comment